Posted on October 15 2011 - by 94YR8FuSxCg4kPj8RMsY
Je t’aime Chanel
In celebration of it being Saturday & in honour of my label true love, Chanel, here are five fabulous facts you must know about this sensational, luxury French House:
- Coco Chanel started out as a licensed hat-maker, opening her first store in 1910.
- Chanel Nº 5 was the first fragrance to be launched by Chanel in 1921 and it has been coveted ever since. One bottle is sold every 55 seconds worldwide.
- Coco Chanel designed the 2.55 handbag as she was tired of carrying her handbag in her arms and decided to create a bag that freed up her hands. Now over 30 new models of the classic 2.55 are produced each year, forming part of the House’s collections.
- Reinventing the Breton (the iconic blue and white thinly striped sweater) in the 1920’s, legend has it Chanel first borrowed one from her lover and tailored it to her body.
- Chanel had a revolutionary impact on Fashion. Three of her extraordinary inventions, amongst countless others, included; the little black dress; the iconic tweed suit; and the use of jersey in womenswear (previously only used for men’s undergarments).
Happy Saturday! xx